The Institute for Data Science and Computing Software Engineering team are professional software engineers who actively seek collaborative partners for new and innovative software application and systems development projects. The team has developed applications and software systems to support work in clinical research, drug discovery, genomics, mapping and urban planning, observational biology/ecology, and the digital humanities.
IDSC Software Engineering offers expertise for collaborators who need to include novel software systems as part of their projects, including expert personnel for inclusion in grant proposals, and the development of prototypes or initial analysis in preparation for proposal submission.
- Software Application Conceptualization, Design, Implementation, and Project Management
- AI, Machine Learning
- Computer Vision, Photogrammetry, and 3D Reconstruction
- Drones and Aerial Survey with a Focus on Urban Spaces
- Extended Reality XR (Augmented AR, Virtual VR, Mixed MR)
- GIS and Geospatial Application Development
- Multi-Tier Web-Based Application Development
- Participatory Mapping and Community-Centered GIS Development
- Search/Complex Data
- Semantic Web
- Spatial Surveying and Architectural Documentation
Director, Software Engineering
Chris Mader joined the University of Miami in 2007 to lead the Software Engineering efforts of the Center for Computational Science. He has been developing software systems for scientific applications and leading development teams for over 20 years at a number of research organizations including: Stanford University, The Institute for Genomic Research (now J. Craig Venter Institute), and The Scripps Research Institute, as well as a variety of commercial organizations.
- Chris’s interests include: the development of rapid and progressive search applications; interactive systems for exploring geospatial data; methods for 3D reconstruction and remote sensing; and, the application of data science and digital technology to problems of social justice and economic development, as well as the ethical use of these systems.
Software Engineering Team