IDSC hosts a variety of workshops, lectures, community outreach events, meetups, and other social events, like:
- 2-day Software Carpentry workshops (in R and Python) at all three campuses every semester.
- Introduction to Supercomputing Systems like TRITON
- Lunch + Learn Lecture Series
- Guests Speakers from Research Focus Areas (e.g. Social Systems Informatics Lecture Series)
- Special Topic Workshops: Ansible and Docker, Open Refine and Excel, Hadoop and Spark, Big Data and Precision Oncology, Machine Learning, MATLAB, and others
Workforce Development + Training
Committed to empowering research students, staff and faculty with the skills they need to hit the ground running with computational research, IDSC provides a variety of training opportunities. Announcements are made through various central email list-servs, UNews, and other methods. Registration usually opens a couple of weeks before the event, and they are usually oversubscribed, so register early to avoid disappointment.
Data Visualization Workshops
Customized data visualization workshops can enhance organizational communication and raise awareness about data science. IDSC Visualization experts can design and deliver customized program content, reading materials, presentation slides, and other pertinent training materials. Trainings may be delivered on-site or via a virtual platform, depending on client need and/or preference.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 305.243.4962. Never miss a training opportunity. Register for the IDSC events mailing list:
Subscribe to our Events mailing list.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: . You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact