IDSC hosts a variety of workshops, lectures, community outreach events, meetups, and other social events, like:
- 2-day Software Carpentry workshops (in R and Python) at all three campuses every semester.
- Introduction to Supercomputing Systems like TRITON
- Lunch + Learn Lecture Series
- Guests Speakers from Research Focus Areas (e.g. Social Systems Informatics Lecture Series)
- Special Topic Workshops: Ansible and Docker, Open Refine and Excel, Hadoop and Spark, Big Data and Precision Oncology, Machine Learning, MATLAB, and others
Workforce Development + Training
Committed to empowering research students, staff and faculty with the skills they need to hit the ground running with computational research, IDSC provides a variety of training opportunities. Announcements are made through various central email list-servs, UNews, and other methods. Registration usually opens a couple of weeks before the event, and they are usually oversubscribed, so register early to avoid disappointment.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 305.243.4962.
Never miss a training opportunity. Register for the IDSC events mailing list: