IDSC Services include expertise and products through established University of Miami Service Centers.
Contact Us for more information | Download Fee Schedule: UM Users | non-UM Users
Big Data & Data Analytics
Consultation on big data and bioinformatics analytics projects includes the incorporation of appropriate computational support—including software licenses and analytical personnel for inclusion in grant proposals—development of prototypes or initial analysis in preparation for proposal submission, and expert support and grant writing for proposal submission.
Comprehensive advanced computing resources range from hardware infrastructure to expertise in designing and implementing high-performance solutions. Available services include:
- Advanced Compute Processing service includes account set up, account maintenance plus the allotted SUs indicated in the Rate column. As a rule of thumb, 1 SU equates to either (a) use 1 core for one hour or (b) 2 GB of RAM for 1 hour or (c) 1 GB of scratch space for four (4) hours.
- High Performance Storage service includes initial consultation for services and set up of Windows, Linux, and OS X based storage for connectivity to the supercomputing environment. Each High-Performance Storage unit includes hardware, installation, systems administration, storage maintenance, account maintenance, and end-user support. This service requires the purchase of storage drive expansion unit(s) (hardware).
- Advanced Computing Consulting service includes consultation for the design and implementation of high-performance solutions, scientific programming, parallel code profiling, and code optimization.
The Software Engineering team are professionals who work together using established practices, including following accepted and documented coding standards, and conducting code reviews. Software Engineering provides technical expertise in the areas of systems design, development, implementation, and integration. Consultation is available for:
- Software engineering/development projects
- Incorporation of appropriate computational support, including software licenses and analytical personnel for inclusion in grant proposals
- Development of prototypes or initial analysis in preparation for proposal submission, and
- Expert support and grant writing for proposal submission.
Visualization and Infographics
Have you designed some charts recently? Are you planning to? Need to communicate your results in papers, conference posters, or press releases? The Visualization and Infographics team will be happy to sit with you, look at your work, discuss your plans, and offer advice. The team will not create the design for you, but can offer advice on visual design, tools, tutorials, and user experience. To schedule an appointment, email Alberto Cairo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IDSC Services + Resources brochure
(View full screen below with issuu, or download .pdf then open using Acrobat. To launch, double click on blank first page, then select View/Page Display/Two Page View for correct layout. )