IDSC Innovation Officer and Head of International Relations Dr. Yelena Yesha will be a keynote speaker at the AIChE 4th Engineering Cosmetics and Consumer Products Conference (ECCP), April 18-20, 2023. ECCP offers scientists, engineers, and academic researchers a window into the latest technologies and approaches for manufacturing, packaging, and engineering.
The Conference takes place at the Crowne Plaza Princeton Conference Center in Plainsboro, New Jersey. Technical sessions will take place April 19-20, and receptions occur the evening before and the evening after the first day of the technical program. Dr. Yesha’s Keynote Address will be on Day 3 4/20 from 8:10 to 8:55 AM ET.
“ECCP 2023 serves as an international platform for researchers, product developers, and entrepreneurs from industry and academia to share their unique insights on key current and emerging developments from product engineering to the connected consumer and from AI to sustainability.”
-SAMIUL AMIN, ORGANIZING COMMITTEE CHAIR, UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
- Product Engineering Covers all aspects of formulation design of cosmetic and consumer products including utilization of novel materials, characterization of microstructure and performance.
- Process and Packaging Engineering Covers all aspects of processing of formulated products including novel processing techniques, in-line characterization of processes, and processing challenges. All aspects of packaging design including sustainability aspects are covered.
- Connected Consumer and Digital Beauty This covers new technology, software, and devices allowing collection and integration of consumer data in developing consumer products. The utilization of AI based approaches is covered, as well as novel developments in sensor technologies to allow consumers to monitor skin, hair conditions and health.
- Health, Hygiene & Microbiome This covers all research and product development which is based on impacting the skin microbiome and overall which is targeted towards impacting health and beauty.
- Sustainability in Consumer Products and Clean Beauty This covers all aspects of designing and manufacturing of sustainable products from ingredient sourcing, formulation and process design to packaging. All aspects which are aligned with clean beauty are within scope.
About Yelena Yesha, PhD
Innovation Officer and Head of International Relations, University of Miami Institute for Data Science and Computing (IDSC)
Director, IDSC AI + Machine Learning
Knight Foundation Endowed Chair of Data Science and AI
Professor, Department of Radiology
Professor, Department of Computer Science
Founding Director, NSF CARTA
At the University of Miami, Dr. Yelena Yesha is the Knight Foundation Endowed Chair of Data Science and AI at the Institute for Data Science and Computing (IDSC). At IDSC, Dr. Yesha is also the IDSC Innovation Officer and Head of International Relations. In this role, Dr. Yesha assists faculty in engaging government and industrial partners to collaborate with the University and consults with faculty on developing research ideas into innovations.
Dr. Yesha was the Founding Director of the National Science Foundation Center for Accelerated Real Time Analytics (CARTA), an NSF-funded Industry/University Cooperative Research Center (I/UCRC) that aims to develop long-term partnerships among industry, academia, and government. CARTA partners with Rutgers University New Brunswick, North Carolina State University, the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), Tel Aviv University, and the University of Miami.
Dr. Yesha received her B.Sc. degrees in Computer Science and in Applied Mathematics from York University, Toronto, Canada, and her M.Sc. degree and Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from The Ohio State University. She has published 11 books as author or editor, and more than 200 papers in prestigious refereed journals and refereed conference proceedings, and she has been awarded external funding in a total amount exceeding 45 million dollars. She is currently working with leading industrial companies and government agencies on new innovative technology in the areas of blockchains, cybersecurity, and big data analytics with applications to electronic commerce, climate change, and digital healthcare. Dr. Yesha is a fellow of the IBM Centre for Advanced Studies.
Forbes magazine highlighted Dr. Yesha’s accomplishments in technology in a two-part profile: Part I: Dr. Yelena Yesha: Meet The Tenacious Pioneer Pushing Innovation To Address Real World Problems and Part II: Dr. Yelena Yesha: Pushing Technology Boundaries To Solve The World’s Biggest Problems.