After careful consideration, the SMART CITIES MIAMI 2020 Conference + Workshop previously scheduled for March 26-27th at University of Miami, is POSTPONED due to statewide precautions for the COVID-19 Coronavirus, and the State of Florida’s public health emergency declaration.
The planning committee at the Institute for Data Science and Computing and the School of Architecture are committed to the health and welfare of our attendees, sponsors, and speakers, and the community as a whole, and have decided to err on the side of safety.
We thank you for your interest in our program and ask you to stay tuned to our website for future dates. All registration and application links have been disabled. If you have questions or concerns, please call 305-243-4962.
The University of Miami School of Architecture and Institute for Data Science & Computing invited you to attend the Smart Cities MIAMI 2020 Workshop.
To aid in the design and development of more sustainable, livable, and resilient cities, the University of Miami brings cutting-edge research in urban planning, architecture, and engineering in alignment with computational resources and analytical methods. The annual Smart Cities Miami Conference is an extension of these efforts, providing a forum for leaders in academia, industry, and government to closely examine evolving theories and practices in the Smart City field. The topics considered vary in scope and nature within a general theme that is particularly relevant for each year.
The theme for the 2020 edition is adoption and adaptation, providing opportunities to explore questions such as:
• How does technology enable cities to adapt to a changing environment?
• How do individuals, societies, and cultures adopt and adapt to emerging technologies, such as IoT, self-driving cars, gig economies, etc.?
• How do we transition from sustaining to disruptive practices and technology?
• Do cities become more resilient when they adopt new technology?
Day 2 Workshop + Competition
Led by the City of Miami, the Workshop investigates how to leverage smart cities technology to foster participatory government in the context of civic engagement. Click here for more details.
9:00 AM-2:00 PM Free | Complimentary parking, breakfast, and lunch provided.
If you are interested in attending Day 2, please register for the Workshop.
Apply now to be an exhibitor. Exhibitor spaces are free, but limited.
Exhibitor benefits include:
• Two (2) complimentary passes Free tickets to Smart Cities Conference
• Feature in the Program Booklet (distributed to all Conference attendees) to include photo, logo, exhibit description, website, and contact information .
• Exposure to leading smart cities experts, academics, researchers, local policy makers, inventors, and enthusiasts
Smart Cities Miami 2020 also offers Sponsorship Opportunities with varying benefit packages. Benefits are based on sponsorship level and may include:
• Recognition in all collateral, electronic communications, and signage
• Recognition on smartcities.miami.edu, on event signage, and in program booklet
• Free passes to Smart Cities Miami 2020
2020 Sponsorship Packet + Opportunities | Questions may be directed to 305.243.4976.
Program Booklet Ads
Program Booklet ads are full-color, and come in 2 sizes. Complimentary ad design is available if needed.
• FULL (single) page (8.5” x 8.5”) $250
• DOUBLE page spread (17.0” x 8.5”) $500
Program Booklet Showcase Flyer + Opportunities | See the Smart Cities MIAMI 2019 booklet for ad samples.
and thank you to GlassHouse Systems