APPLY NOW: Free I-Corps@NCATS Training on Commercializing Research begins…
Apply now for this CTSI-supported course for entrepreneurial researchers engaged in development of novel therapies, diagnostics, processes, and devices. This Miami-regional course is geared toward faculty and researchers in the life sciences from all Florida universities and colleges as well as startups in the community.
I-Corps@NCATS Regional Short Course is an accelerated program based on the National Science Foundation’s Innovation Corps (I-Corps™) program—the premiere federally-funded innovation and commercialization training in the U.S. It uses the Lean Launchpad Methodology to focus on customer development and helps you identify the commercial potential for your research or technology. Since 2018, 62 teams/start-ups throughout Miami have participated in the program and a number of them have moved forward with new IP, follow-on funding, including SBIR/STTR grants, and licensing agreements.
- Learn how to talk to potential customers, partners, and competitors
- Develop a workflow and business canvas for your startup
- Experience the excitement of creating a startup
- Get post-course support like SBIR/STTR grant prep and consults
Who Should Apply?
- Faculty and scientists looking to apply for SBIR/STTR grants are highly encouraged to apply.
- You must be a TEAM of at least 2 (or more) consisting of an Entrepreneurial Lead (can be a faculty member, undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral scholar who aims to move the research forward) and a Technical Lead (typically a faculty member or senior research scientist with deep and direct expertise in the core research/technology).
*Select “University of Miami” as your training site.
- March 31, 2023 | Kick-Off Meeting
- April 3-13, 2023 | Virtual Office Hours
- April 14, 2023 | Midterm Meeting
- April 17 – May 4, 2023 | Virtual Office Hours
- May 5, 2023 | Final Meeting
Visit the CTSI website to learn more. If you have questions about the application process, please email program director Dr. Suhrud Rajguru at email@example.com.