You are invited to celebrate the launch of TRITON, the University of Miami’s new supercomputer. Using the same AI-optimized architecture as the world’s most powerful supercomputers, Triton is UM’s first GPU-accelerated HPC/AI system, representing a new approach to computational and data science. Triton was designed to process vast amounts of data in near real time by accelerating data transfer between the IBM POWER9 CPU and attached accelerators, enabling students, researchers, and data scientists to explore new possibilities.
Join us on Thursday, September 19 from 4:00 to 6:00 PM for a Networking Reception at the Newman Alumni Center, 6200 San Amaro Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33146.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP.
Newman Alumni Center, Multipurpose ABC, 6200 San Amaro Avenue, Coral Gables, FL 33146 | Directions + Event Parking information TBA
Parking Instructions (Free)
- Non-UM attendees need to register their vehicles (just click here and enter your license plate number). Your TRITON event parking session will be valid from 9/19 at 3:30 PM until 7:00 PM. Parking is for the Grey Zone Lots only based on availability.
- Anyone with a UM parking permit does not need register their vehicle with the link. Please park according to the type of permit you have. Grey Zone parking is permitted after restrictions are lifted at 4:00 PM.
TRITON in the News . . .
- South Florida Business Journal “University of Miami installs $3.7M Supercomputer“
- Inside HPC “IBM Deploys TRITON AI Supercomputer at University of Miami“
- HPC Wire “University of Miami Deploys $3.7M IBM Power System for AI, HPC“